TABMA Apprentices and Trainees are now taking applications for those interested in starting their career as a Timber Systems Designer. Based in Dry Creek, you'll have the chance to work with a reputable timber company who are passionate about training and developing the team!
What we offer TABMA trainees:
- Smooth transition into work for school graduates, leavers, and job seekers
- Ongoing, paid, employment in a nationally registered traineeship including paid annual leave and sick leave
- Paid training attendance (earn while you learn!)
- Support and mentoring to get you to the finish line of the traineeship with the end goal of full-time employment with a reputable employer
- A safe working environment
- National Training Wages
The Traineeship will include the following duties:
- Prepare and advise on a broad range of timber designs on computer applications
- Apply building codes and standards to meet specifications
- Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- Interact with clients and staff on projects
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Monitor safety, health and environment policies and procedures
The Timber Industry is not just an ordinary industry. There are many career pathways that it can take you on. If you have a passion for working on building projects, are mathematically minded and love to problem solve and think on your feet then this is a perfect opportunity to kickstart your career as a detailer.