Apprenticeship Careers Australia (ACA) is greatly known for matching Apprentices and Trainees with businesses across Australia. We help mentor and support Australians through vocational education pathways.
Here at ACA we are currently looking for outstanding candidates to launch their career into a Traineeship as an In-Home Care Support Worker around the Macarthur Region.
If you want to gain a qualification and at the same time get great work experience, paid a wage and have a work life balance, look no further!
As an integral member of the team, reliability and excellent communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of the clients.
- Someone that wants to make a difference in the life of an individual requiring support
- Flexible to work varied shifts (min. 15hrs per week)
- Passionate, respectful and empathetic
- Motivated and eager to learn
- Able to use initiative
- Willing to complete a Certificate III in Individual Support
- Looking for an opportunity to build a career path
Duties you would be required to complete as part of your traineeship include:
- Travelling between homes to provide care and support to both aged and disability clients
- Providing companionship and support during daily tasks
- Facilitate outings and other social activities
- Performing household tasks such as menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping
- Helping people to develop and maintain independence and safety including personal care and health care
Training will be completed on the job
What we are looking for:
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Willing to commit to completing a Certificate III in Individual Support
- Driver’s licence and reliable comprehensively insured vehicle
- Willing to undertake a National Police Check
- Must have or willing to obtain Flu Vaccination (documentation must be presented)
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate or willing to obtain prior to commencing employment
- Have or willing to obtain a current Working with Children Check
This opportunity is open to all ages, so what are you waiting for!
If this sounds like you, apply now with your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the person we need.
Please note: If you already hold a Certificate III in Individual Support or higher, you will not be eligible for this position