NDIS SUPPORT COORDINATOR Traineeship Job Description - Cert 4 in Allied Health Services or Disability Services - 1047303
NDIS Support Coordinator Traineeship
CEO of Avenues Australia
Team Leader – Support Coordination
Part-Time or Full-Time
Fixed term Traineeship contract (with possibility of on-going employment)
30 to 38 hours
Perth, Western Australia
Trainee Award $19/hr
Avenues Australia is a leading disability services provider providing quality support for people with a disability in Western Australia. We act as our client’s primary NDIS Service Provider, helping them activate and connect to the right services so they can achieve their identified goals. We provide sustainable and quality services that meet the needs of people with all disability types and complex needs including those from various backgrounds (particularly Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds). People with a disability are at the centre of everything we do. We recognise the complexity of people’s lives when they live with a disability and the intersection and interdependence of many areas, including families, carers, friends, other government services and community. By helping Participants navigate the NDIS system and increase their social, economic and cultural participation, we support them to reach their full potential and live as independently as possible. We provide independent NDIS navigation services These include:
- NDIS Advice
- Support Coordination
- Psychosocial Recovery Coaching
By playing an NDIS navigation role, we are supporting our clients with having their voice heard in matters that affect them, understand their plans, and have informed decision-making to enable choice and control. For more information about our services visit our website on www.avenuesaustralia.com
Avenues Australia is currently looking for a mature aged and proactive Support Coordinator to join our small team. On-going job opportunities may be offered at the end of the traineeship, based on
performance. The ideal candidate will have sound understanding of the disability and community sectors within the context of the NDIS, as well as knowledge of various services and supports in relevant fields to make good recommendations to our NDIS clients to better meet their individual needs. As a Support Coordinator, not only will you support our clients in their day-to-day lives, you will also have a proactive and outcome-led approach to help them build capacity, chart a path to independence and acquire new skills and coping strategies.
The Trainee Support Coordinator will work towards developing proficiency in the following areas:
- Contribute to a healthy and safe workplace and understand the responsibilities and accountabilities to yourself and others in accordance with WH&S legislation and internal policies and promote a working environment that is congruent with those guidelines.
- Abide by Avenues Australia policies and guidelines to support industry compliance.
- Ensure all organisational and administrative reporting and accountabilities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Support Connection and Coordination
- Support clients and carers to understand their NDIS plan, goals and objectives.
- Working closely with clients to identify their needs, personalise support and ensure they are receiving appropriate services.
- Promoting and fostering independent decision-making, including choice and control.
- Demonstrated skill in researching information and developing effective and innovative support options.
- Coordinating and liaising with service providers, and reviewing goals and jointly determining new ones with the client.
- Coordinate the supports in an individuals’ NDIS plan by:
- researching, coordinating and managing complex and intersecting supports to suit individual needs across multiple providers while ensuring client choice and control; and
- working with mainstream service providers including negotiating services and prices to ensure maximum value for money is achieved and service obligations are met.
- Coaching to build on knowledge, skills, and decision-making with the aim of greater choice, control and independence in managing their personal choices.
- Arrange any assessments needed to determine the nature and type of funding required.
- Decide the budget for each support type and advise any relevant plan manager of the breakdown of funds.
- Liaise with plan managers and/or NDIS to establish the appropriate claim categories and attribute funds accordingly.
- Assist clients to prepare for plan reviews by helping them assess whether they achieved their goals and got value for money. Identify solutions to problems experienced in implementing their plan and to consider new goals.
- Assist clients to communicate with the NDIA when required to support their plan requirements.
- Resolve any crisis by linking participants with the appropriate services.
- Demonstrated capacity to work efficiently and to complete administrative tasks.
- Ensure the completion of NDIS Participant Service Agreements and other appropriate documentation within the initial assessment as required.
- Ensure PRODA Service Bookings are completed for each client.
- Maintain good quality documentation of clients.
- Monitor and report client outcomes to the NDIA through progress reports.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, monitoring, regular review and reporting of client programs with providers including determining risk and preparing assessments, review client records and understand individual needs, review client goals and measure individual progress and document outcomes.
- Promote Avenues Australia as an NDIS Support Coordination provider to participants and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of disability types.
- Sound understanding of choice and control.
- Working knowledge of the service support providers including mainstream, community-based, and specialist.
Finance and Performance
- Ensure that the Support Coordination component in client’s NDIS plans is implemented in line with NDIA frameworks.
- Ensuring that NDIS Plans are tracked and reviewed 3 months before to the end of the Plan.
- Continually monitor billable hours associated with Support Coordination service delivery.
- Participate in regular supervision with the Line Manager.
- Undertake annual performance appraisals with the Line Manager and develop and implement your professional development plans.
- Actively take part in training and skill-building opportunities.
- Conduct other duties as directed.
Your Key Competencies
Candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
Industry: Broad industry knowledge on the NDIS and disability sector including a basic understanding of contemporary practices.
Technical: Knowledge of best practice person-centred practices
Interpersonal: Excellent person-centred communication skills and ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people.
IT Systems: The ability to understand and learn IT systems quickly to support the documentation of essential and sensitive client information.
Values: Share our values which are guided and driven by the Avenues Disability Inclusion Framework. Because achieving inclusion and participation for our clients is the central objective of our services, we are guided by our Disability Inclusion Framework which underpins our Strategy, policies, service design and culture.
- A minimum of Certificate IV in Social Work, Disability Studies, Occupational Therapy, Allied Health, Nursing or equivalent.
- Current Western Australian Driver’s License and ability to undertake travel within the Perth Metro as required
- Current First Aid and CPR credential
- Current Police and Working With Children Checks
Please forward your resume by emailing email@example.com or call 0426408626. Please ensure 'Support Coordinator Traineeship - 1047303' is in the subject of the email.