At the National Rugby League (NRL) we’re very proud of our game and the impact it has on players, fans, volunteers, communities and all involved.
We’re a diverse group of people who use the power of sport to drive positive social change in communities. Our programs help raise awareness to many issues, including mental health, domestic violence and indigenous affairs. To us, it’s much more than a game of footy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Indigenous candidate to join our Elite Officiating team on a 12 month Full Time Traineeship. The position will be based at ANZ Stadium in Homebush.
This role boasts a lot of variety and is nestled in an exciting area of the business. You’ll gain sound administration as well as operational insight into the workings of an Elite performance environment. You’ll be well supported by your Manager while you learn on the job skills and training to obtain a nationally recognised Certificate III in Business Administration as well as open yourself to huge potential for career development and pathway opportunities post-traineeship.
The right candidate will be self-motivated, hungry to learn and passionate about customer service and providing excellent administrative support. You’ll also represent and share the NRL’s beliefs of being United, Positive, Inclusive and Disciplined.
The Operations Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Operational issues such as program scheduling, match day operations and coordination of team kit
- Operational tasks for the Referees department such as databases, licensing and contract management
- Time management and resource allocation of Referees department
- Preparation and delivery of regular performance reviews, as required
- Assist with the operational and logistical processes relating to:
- Travel and accommodation
- Education and training
- Office and infrastructure requirements
- Workplace Health and Safety
- IT and Audio Visual requirements
Please note that you must identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to be eligible for this role. National traineeship wages apply.