Downer’s Australian Operations are seeking Chef Apprentices to join our Group Apprenticeship program. Our apprenticeships are full time, fixed-term positions open to school leavers and mature aged applicants who have a keen interest in becoming a tradesperson through the completion of an apprenticeship.
During your apprenticeship, you will be completing the relevant Certificate III qualification for your trade and occupation and gain practical on-the-job training with the guidance of experienced, skilled Tradespeople with a view to joining our team.
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people like to work as Apprentices because it is a challenging, diverse but rewarding environment. We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities and the environment in which we operate.
- Attend training and complete TAFE modules within set timeframes; and
- Learn new skills in the mechanical field, onsite and in our workshops.
Skills and experience:
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Completion of Year 12 School Certificate or equivalent, desirable;
- Completion of any relevant pre-apprenticeship, desirable;
- Relevant work experience, hobbies or interests;
- Current Driver’s licence, desirable; and
- Available to commence late January / Early February 2022.
- Work within an energetic, highly skilled team;
- Build and work across key projects;
- A workplace highly focused on the safety of our people through our Zero Harm philosophy;
- Fixed Term employment for the duration of the Training Contract.
- Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
- Shortlisting will commence prior to the closing date.
- Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and ongoing drug and alcohol screening.