About the role:
Unique Group metal works is a manufacturing service based company with a complete range of the latest Sheet Metal fabrication machinery. With over 40 years of industry experience, Unique has been one of Australia's most innovative manufacturers in high-quality sheet metal products. We provide quality products and equipment for all facets of the industry. specialising in sheet metal manufacturing and laser cutting.
Unique Group is currently seeking four new Apprentice Engineering Fabrication Tradesperson to join our dynamic team.
Job Brief :
Carry out tasks related to the sheet metal work trades, under the supervision of a qualified tradesman/instructor and consistent with apprenticeship year level. Attend off the job trade school to complete the learning and assessment outcomes required for a sheet metal fabricator apprenticeship.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the trade
- Able and willing to follow instruction and learn new tasks
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Completed a Certificate II in Engineering (Light Fabrication)
- Willing to learn and to take responsibility for their own development
- Willing to organise own workload Able to attend work at the required times
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship
- Able to communicate both written and orally, good attention to detail, and to present information clearly and concisely.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- To undertake a development programme leading to a National Qualification as part of an apprenticeship.
- To actively participate in their own development plan which will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the training provider.
- As directed, undertake a work programme in the sheet metal fabrication industry to develop practical skills and knowledge of metal fabrication techniques, including marking-out, forming, welding, assembly, etc
- To take part in meetings, supervision, training as requested by the Production Manager.
- To use all available tools to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To achieve personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the Instructor/Production Manager.
- To undertake training both internally and externally to achieve benchmark qualifications.
- To be committed to Unique Metal Works core values of honesty, integrity, and teamwork
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard for health, safety, and efficiency
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with both UMW Health & Safety Policy and statutory Health and Safety legislation.
- Able to meet the entry requirements of the TAFE course, and to attend and undertake the studying and coursework required to complete the course.
If this sounds like you, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing why you are the right candidate for this job.
Please Note: Apprenticeship Support Australia is assisting us to find the right person for this opportunity and all initial communications will come from them.