Certificate III in Individual Support - Disability
TRAINEESHIP OPPORTUNITY - EARN WHILE YOU LEARN - KICK START YOUR CAREER IN THE DISABILITY SECTOR!
Please copy and paste this link into your browser to Apply. https://bit.ly/3aZ8iUm
The Disability Service Sector, as part of the Healthcare and Social Assistance Industry, is one of the fastest growing industries in Australia and is forecasted to continue growing over the next 5 years.
Be part of something special and help empower a person with a disability to live a more fulfilling lifestyle, to reach their personal aspirations and goals and to improve their quality of life.
Earn while you learn with a Part-Time traineeship in Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability!
Kenwick and Safety Bay areas
About the role
Our client, a highly recognised not-for-profit provider of disability services, is seeking passionate individuals to help assist people with disabilities to achieve greater independence and reach their full potential in life.
Each day is rewarding and leaves you feeling like you are making a positive difference in someone’s life. This is about more than just a job; this is about being a companion and support to someone who just needs a little extra help in life.
Duties vary by client, but may include; assisting with personal care and hygiene, cooking and cleaning, monitoring the clients health and wellbeing, assisting to manage their emotions, behaviours and relationships in day to day life, accompanying them to therapy or doctor’s appointments, taking them shopping and supporting the client to complete tasks such as recreational and leisure activities.
If you have compassion, determination and love a challenge this is the career path for you!
• Willing to commit to a program of and on-the-job learning and formal training,
• Strong safety awareness,
• Effective written and verbal communication,
• Available to work 5 to 6 hour shifts, morning and/or afternoon,
• Hold a current WA driver’s licence and own a reliable car,
• Australian citizen, permanent resident, or hold relevant right to work visa,
• National police clearance (no older than 3 months),
• Receive influenza vaccination prior to commencement (as per government requirements).
If you already hold a Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability or Home and Community Care, or hold a higher-level Health qualification, you are unfortunately ineligible for this position.
Candidates must be available throughout the recruitment process which will include:
• Complete all pre-screening questions,
• Submit a resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria,
• Undertake an aptitude test,
• Two rounds of interviews,
• Must pass a pre-employment screening which includes drug & alcohol testing.
Directions may remove this ad prior to the applications’ closing date, we therefore encourage that your application is submitted as soon as possible.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages Indigenous Australians and female candidates to apply.
How to apply.
Please copy and paste this link into your browser. https://bit.ly/3aZ8iUm
Directions is a community-based charity committed to supporting local people and local businesses. Directions has 30 years' experience providing workforce development solutions to businesses through apprenticeships and traineeships, alongside career development and advice to assist jobseekers to make the best choices.