Are you a Qualified Horticulturist or final year apprentice looking to join a fast-growing business that operates in and around Melbourne?
Your new company
Nathan’s Horticultural Services (NHS) prides itself on the quality of its service delivery in Garden Maintenance and Soft Landscaping and is now hiring. NHS has been rapidly growing since its inception in 2008 and is looking for a motivated, energetic and qualified horticulturalist or apprentice to join the team. NHS’s develops and maintains the grounds for some of Melbourne’s most prestigious residential estates from Toorak and Brighton, down to the Mornington Peninsula. Providing expert advice and attention to detail has meant that we successfully adapt to the individual needs of each client, ensuring high client satisfaction each time.
About The Role
You will be responsible for the maintenance and installation of landscapes that are revered for their well manicured gardens and lawns. As well as having sound skills in plant, weed, and pest/disease identification, the role will include but not be limited to:
· Irrigation system installation
· Soil testing to assess plant/tree requirements
· Garden planning and design
· Fine detailing and finishing of gardens
· Treatment and management of basic pests and diseases
· Mowing and edging lawns
· And of course; edging, pruning, planting, mulching, fertilisation and an established set of landscaping skills.
The Successful Applicant
Will hold a Certificate III in Horticulture or equivalent (or be working towards) and demonstrate previous experience in the field. In addition, the successful applicant will:
· Hold a current Victorian drivers licence
· Have excellent communication skills and a professional approach to client relations
· Have a friendly and enthusiastic approach to their work
· Be reliable and conscientious
· Enjoy working both independently, and in a team
· Hold the client in high regard, will fastidious attention to detail
· Have a desire to grow within a fast paced and exciting company.
What You’ll Get in Return
NHS are offering a fixed term contract after a trial period of three months, with an immediate start. Post-trial, a full time role will be offered with an award rate between $24 to $30 per hour, depending on qualification., as well as a fantastic and supportive work environment. Vehicle and tools supplied during work hours.
What You Can Do Now
If you feel you are a highly motivated candidate looking for an exciting opportunity, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0425 722 277.