Due to the continued growth of our Group Training Organisation (GTO) business, we are currently recruiting for a new Field Officer to service the Central Coast and Newcastle Regions. The position will be based in Business Australia offices in Tuggerah 2-3 days a week and Newcastle 2-3 days as necessary.
Apprenticeship Careers Australia is one of Australia's leading employers of apprentices and trainees across a wide range of industries. As a division of Business Australia, previously the NSW Business Chamber, the state’s peak business organisation, we have made it our mission to help apprentices and trainees find the job they will love, and to help businesses find talent best suited for their company's needs. Over the years, we have helped guide thousands of Australians to kick-start their careers with an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Reporting to the GTO Manager for Central Coast, Newcastle and North Coast, you will be required to undertake the following functions to grow the business footprint:
- Identify Business Development opportunities through business development activities including your contacts and networks within the Hunter and Central Coast regions;
- Provide pricing and quotes on opportunities and contribute to larger scale proposals;
- Recruit potential apprentices and trainees and match them with the job opportunities that have been identified;
- Maximise the successful completion rates of apprentices and trainees, through the provision of effective mentoring and support;
- Work closely with your allocated team and build close relationships that will guide apprentices and trainees through up to 4 years of study and training;
- Build and develop relationships with host employers, ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes for our apprentices, trainees and host employers;
- Develop relationships across a diverse range of individuals and organisations, such as careers advisors, education professionals, youth organisations, job network providers and TAFE/Private RTO's, to ensure the success of your portfolio.
- Have the opportunity to represent Apprenticeship Careers Australia at Business Australia seminars, trade functions, careers days, expos and our legendary pop up recruitment events.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for our apprentices and trainees is imperative, on a daily basis you will be working closely with our host employers, apprentices and trainees in a consultative role to ensure safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
Essential criteria to succeed in your new role:
- Experience in the recruitment industry or similar;
- A self-starter who doesn’t need micro managing and enjoys the challenge and rewards of sales and business development;
- Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to deal with a wide range of individuals on a daily basis in a consultative professional manner;
- You will have a mature outlook, but still be able to have empathy with your apprentices and trainees and be able to build a rapport with individuals whether it be a school leaver starting their first job or a skilled, mature aged individual making a lifestyle change;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise your daily workload;
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills;
- An entrepreneurial flair and the ability to see opportunities others may miss;
- Current Driver's Licence;
- Hold a valid Working with Children's Check or be willing to obtain prior to commencement
On offer is a salary commensurate with experience, fully maintained company vehicle, smart phone, laptop and an excellent supportive team environment.
If this sounds like the role for you, click the Apply Now button and send us your Resume. For further information contact Brett Clarke, the GTO Manager on 0429 013 966, in confidence.
We are looking for the right person to start ASAP!