Wilson Transformer Company Pty Ltd is the largest Australian manufacturer of electrical transformers.
We are a progressive Company seeking enthusiastic goal orientated individuals who welcome a challenge and thrive on working in a team environment. As part of our ongoing commitment to regional development the following apprentice vacancy is available in 2021.
We are seeking to add a new member to our electrical team in 2021. The successful candidate will need to have:
- Strong work ethics with a positive attitude.
- The ability to work in a team environment with good communication skills along with time management skills.
- Flexibility/adaptability with problem solving ability.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- A firm commitment to responsibilities under the OH&S Act, Electrical safety Act & Regulations.
- Ability to attend an external Registered Training Organisation to undertake Certificate 3 in Electro technology.
- A desire to continue with relevant post trade studies after completion of trade.
The position will primarily require the individual to undertake but not limited to the following supervised duties
- Active participation in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Equipment breakdowns performed in a timely and cost-effective manner to maximise plant uptime.
- Low Voltage installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and testing in accordance with Australian Standards. Including Hazardous area and HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) work.
- Control system wiring, maintenance and troubleshooting of production machines and factory facilities.
- Hazardous work (Training provided): Confined spaces, Elevated Work Platforms, etc.
- Scheduled preventative maintenance and reporting.
- Interpreting technical drawings and documentation (Electrical & Mechanical).
- Industrial Automation work including programming, troubleshooting and maintaining of PLC, NC, VSD, HMI, closed loop servo systems and associated field buses.
- Testing of Appliance leads, Safety switches, Emergency/Exit lighting, Power Factor Correction and UPS’s.
- Participate in continuous improvement of maintenance, production equipment and processes.
- Data entry in the maintenance management system.
- Overhead crane fault finding and repairs.
- Computer aided drafting and mark-up of Electrical schematics.
- Work on Data and Telephony cabling and systems.
- Undertake and maintain First Aid competency (Training provided).
Attractive working conditions and over award wages apply.
Candidates should apply by supplying a current Resume, Referees and letter of Application by close of business on Friday 11th December 2020.