All applicants must apply through Directions Job board www.directionswa.com.au
Our client supports people with disabilities to live independent lives. They support people with disabilities to live in the community and to realise their dreams. Together, they create possibilities and transform lives.
About the role
We are looking for empathetic and caring people who are able to provide quality assistance to individuals with physical, cognitive, and mental health and disabilities that enable those individuals to live safe and satisfying lives.
For some clients, this can include personal care such as bathing and brushing teeth. For others, it will be helping with daily living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry. It can involve monitoring their health and wellbeing, assisting them to manage their emotions, behaviours, and relationships in day to day situations, accompany them to therapy or doctor appointments, taking them shopping, and supporting them to complete other tasks such as recreational and leisure activities.
This will be a highly sought after traineeship and successful candidates must possess the following minimum requirements.
- To get the best experience of the role is to be available to work the morning and afternoon shifts on an average of 5 to 6 hours per shift.
- Be committed to a program of on the job learning and formal training
Strong safety awareness
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a relevant right to work visa and current National Police Clearance
- Hold a current WA Driver’s Licence and a reliable car
- Have an influenza vaccination prior to commencing work (as per government requirements)
- Effective verbal and written communication
Candidates must be available throughout the recruitment process which will include:
- Aptitude testing
- Two rounds of interviews
- Pre-employment screening which includes drug and alcohol testing
- If you already hold a Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability, or Home and Community Care, or hold a higher level Health Qualification, you are unfortunately ineligible for this position.
Directions is an equal opportunity employer and encourage Indigenous Australians and female candidates to apply. If you find this opportunity appealing, APPLY NOW!
We may close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must apply through the Directions Job board www.directionswa.com.au
Directions is a community-based charity committed to supporting WA people and businesses. Directions has over 30 years' experience providing workforce development solutions to businesses through apprenticeships and traineeships, alongside career development and advice to assist
jobseekers to make the best choices.