- Will be supervised during all training of work related tasks and skills required for completion of work.
- Order and select timbers and materials, and prepare layouts.
- Cuts materials, and assembles and nails cut and shaped parts.
- Erects framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures.
- Nails fascia panels, sheaths roofs, and fits exterior wall cladding, as well as door and window frames.
- Assembles prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install.
- Cutting wood joints.
- May construct concrete framework.
- May repair existing fittings.
- May work with plastic laminates, perspex and metals.