Business Administration Associate Job Description - Business Admin - Cert 4 - Traineeship - 1047301
Business Administration Associate
CEO of Avenues Australia
Part-Time or Full-Time
Fixed term 12-month contract (with possibility of on-going employment)
30 to 38 hours
Perth, Western Australia
SCHCDS Trainee Award $19/hr
Avenues Australia is a leading disability services provider providing quality support for people with a disability in Western Australia. We act as our client’s primary NDIS Service Provider, helping them activate and connect to the right services so they can achieve their identified goals. We provide sustainable and quality services that meet the needs of people with all disability types and complex needs including those from various backgrounds (particularly Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds). People with a disability are at the centre of everything we do. We recognise the complexity of people’s lives when they live with a disability and the intersection and interdependence of many areas, including families, carers, friends, other government services and community. By helping Participants navigate the NDIS system and increase their social, economic and cultural participation, we support them to reach their full potential and live as independently as possible. We provide independent NDIS navigation services These include:
- NDIS Advice
- Support Coordination
- Psychosocial Recovery Coaching
By playing an NDIS navigation role, we are supporting our clients with having their voice heard in matters that affect them, understand their plans, and have informed decision-making to enable choice and control. For more information about our services visit our website on www.avenuesaustralia.com
Business Administration Associate
Avenues Australia is currently looking for a Business Administration Associate to join our small team. On-going job opportunities may be offered at the end of the traineeship contract, based on
performance. The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of general business administrative tasks and facilitate office organisation and communication by performing various administrative duties. As a Business Administration Associate, you will be proactive, able to think on their feet and have a high degree of interpersonal effectiveness. They also need to be flexible, good communicators, have strong time management skills and an ability to maintain high productivity.
During the traineeship, the Business Administration Associate will work towards becoming highly proficient in the following responsibilities:
- Providing office support including customer and employee support
- Keeping well-organised files and records of business activity
- Researching company data and archived reports
- Keeping databases up to date
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in-person
- Answering phones and connecting calls to the proper department or person
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Following up on business communications, billing, and ordering
- Communicating with other service providers
- Using spreadsheets to track expenses and company spending
- Collecting and inputting company data
- Making travel arrangements for employees
- Learning about the company's mission and available products/services
- Educating clients about what services are available and to sign service agreements
- Building relationships with clients
- Sending emails
- Preparing documents by printing, copying, and binding
- Writing and editing company correspondence
- Assisting with minor day-to-day technical support
- Acting as a personal assistant to the executive team
- Scheduling appointments and events
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Preparing meeting rooms by setting up chairs and getting refreshments
- Participating in office meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
- Being ready for any other administrative tasks that are required
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Line Manager.
- Undertake annual performance appraisals with the Line Manager and develop and implement your professional development plans.
- Actively take part in training and skill-building opportunities.
- Conduct other duties as directed.
Your Key Competencies
Candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
Industry: Broad industry knowledge on the NDIS and disability sector.
Technical: Proficient knowledge in Microsoft software suite. Reception, filing, bookkeeping, billing, reporting, researching, invoicing, scheduling, and typing.
Interpersonal: Excellent person-centred communication skills and ability to build rapport with a diverse range of people.
Organisation: Office Management, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, excellent time management, attention to detail, problem-solving, multi-tasking, order management,
IT Systems: The ability to understand and learn IT systems quickly to support the documentation of essential and sensitive client information. Provide low level day-to-day technical support to staff.
Values: Share our values which are guided and driven by the Avenues Disability Inclusion Framework. Because achieving inclusion and participation for our clients is the central objective of our services, we are guided by our Disability Inclusion Framework which underpins our Strategy, policies, service design and culture
- Undertaking a minimum of Certificate lll in Business Administration
- Current Western Australian Driver’s License and ability to undertake travel within the Perth Metro as required
- Current Police clearance
Please forward your resume by emailing email@example.com or call 0426408626 . Please include 'Business Admin Traineeship - 1047301' in the subject of the email