At Bakers Delight our Apprentice Bakers are responsible for:
- Assisting the Baker in the Preparation of dough for baking - using a commercial dough mixer, moulder, divider a retarder proofer/proofer, and both rack and deck ovens.
- Assist the Production Team in the production of the bread - eg making rolls - knot rolls, hamburger rolls, shell rolls, sweet and savoury rolls and scrolls, logs, block loaves, twists and plaits, viennas and cobs.
- Merchandising baking products.
- Monitoring ingredients for quality and quantity - ensuring correct procedures are followed for the receival and storage of ingredients and baking supplies.
- Use by dates are noted and adhered to.
- Attending and Competing in NSW bread shows organised by the Baking Industry Association and Bakers Delight.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the bakery to Food Authority and Bakers Delight Standards.
- Providing delightful and informative customer service when required.