Originating from a modest four-car mechanic workshop on Oxford Street in Leederville, the Barbagallo Group was founded by brothers Alf and Tony Barbagallo in 1967. Over the past 53 years, the Group has grown and built a brand that is renowned for its expertise in motoring excellence across the luxury motoring segment.
Unlike many other large automotive groups, Barbagallo is still as it has always been, a family run business. Alf Barbagallo Managing Director and Tony Barbagallo Director are still very much actively involved in the business with second-generation family members Vince Barbagallo and nephew Ben Tropiano overseeing the automotive operations as Dealer Principals.
Why choose Barbagallo
Representing some of the best brands in the world including Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Fiat and Alfa Romeo), this will really be the pinnacle of your automotive career. You will receive training directly from the manufacturer ensuring you become a highly regarded luxury automotive technician.
Best of all you will be working for a family run business. Barbagallo has staff that have been with them for over 30 years and still enjoying coming to work each and every day.
Description of the position:
We are looking for 3rd and 4th-year apprentices who are wanting to develop their career with the Barbagallo Group.
You must be passionate about the trade, willing to learn and be able to work as part of a team.
- Currently completing 3rd or 4th-year apprenticeship
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Be trustworthy, punctual with a strong work ethic
- Fit and healthy, able to perform the full range of duties expected
Key Job Function & Accountabilities:
- Service and repair of motor vehicles in accordance to manufacture recommendations
- Assist technicians in performing repairs and maintenance work on vehicles
- Ensure the mechanical and technical skills you have acquired is of a standard equivalent to the level of your apprenticeship
- Attend technical college on required days
- Attend technical training courses offered by the manufacturer
- Ensure workshop is clean and wells stocked at all times
- Assist with diagnostics vehicle faults
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures
What’s in it for you:
- Security of working with a family-owned and operated automotive group
- Secure, Permanent Full-Time Position
- On-going Training and support
- Work with some of the best brands in the world
If you are looking to grow and join the team at Barbagallo, please submit your resume and covering letter to the attention of Mrs Custodia Di Trento, Human Resources Department, Barbagallo.
Please Note: All initial communication will be through Apprenticeship Support Australia