Looking for a First- or Second-Year Carpentry Apprentice to join CJC Constructions Team based in Canberra. CJC Constructions is a residential building company who works with architectural plans to build high-end homes around Canberra.
Please visit our website www.cjcconstructions.com.au to get an understanding of the type of work we do, our procedures and to what standard we expect you to work to before applying.
Requirements for the job:
1. Have a Driver’s licence, White card and asbestos awareness card.
2. Have had some experience in the building industry working with family or friends. This is not essential.
3. Follow the lead from other carpenters and get involved as much as possible.
4. Be on time, ask questions and have good manners.
5. We want someone that has a passion to be in the building industry and wants to excel in what they do.
1. Nail bag
2. Steel cap boots
3. Hammer, tape, chisel, square and utility/ Stanley knife
*All OH&S equipment is supplied by CJC Constructions such as earmuffs, eye protection,
gloves, masks etc. It all depends on the type of working we are doing. CJC Constructions T-Shirts, jumpers and hats will be provided.
What are you expected to be able to do by the end of your 1st year?
1. Be able to use power tools under supervision
2. Be able to use all the tools and have an understand of why and when to use them
3. Have a good understanding of basic carpentry such as cutting timber to
measurements or angles, levelling and straightening floors and walls, etc
4. Have a general understanding of the process of end-to-end jobs
PLEASE NOTE: What are the physical expectations and exposures I will potentially experience?
Being a carpenter is very physical so you will need to be comfortable with the workload on
your body and your mind.
Here are some examples you may be exposed to or be expected to be comfortable doing:
- Be able to carrier substantial material that maybe awkward, such as timber, safely
throughout the job sites
- Be comfortable with working at heights
- Be comfortable with working in small spaces such as under the house or in the roof
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief description about yourself and why you want to do a carpentry apprenticeship