Sheetmetal Trades Workers mark out, shape, form and join sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
Sheetmetal Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheet metal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 15 Mar , 2019
- $40,001 - $50,000
- Dandenong South, Victoria
- Thu 14 Mar , 2019
- Tullamarine, Victoria
3rd/4th Year Landscape Construction Apprentice
- Shaw Landscape Group
- If you are a 3rd or 4th year landscape construction apprentice looking to take your career to the next level, then this is for you.
- Highly Regarded Landscaping Company
- Exciting Residential and Commercial Projects in the Illawarra
- Challenging and Rewarding Role in a Supportive and Flexible Environment
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Wed 13 Mar , 2019
- $50,001 - $60,000
- North Wollongong, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/