Sheetmetal Trades Workers mark out, shape, form and join sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
Sheetmetal Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheet metal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
Other Careers In This Industry
- Marie-France Group
- - Three (3) consecutive days off!
- 45 Minute Breaks each Day!
- The perfect place to work!
Start your new career as a hairdresser. Marie-France Group is a French-inspired Hair and beauty boutique and Art Gallery offers a unique working environment with a fantastic, caring team. Marie-France Group is a growing brand, known for our distinctive consultation and commitment to high quality service.
- Three (3) consecutive days off.
- 45 minutes break each day.
- The perfect place to work.
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Wed 22 May , 2019
- The Rocks, New South Wales
- My Locksmith Pty Limited
- We are currently seeking an Apprentice Locksmith to join our team. This is a permanent full-time position in a vibrant, young and dynamic company. This position offers excellent working conditions and salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Large Variety of work across many Corporate & Government sites
- Young, Vibrant & Dynamic Team
- Hard Work is Rewarded!
- Trades & ServicesLocksmith
- Mon 20 May , 2019
- Maroubra, New South Wales
- Sun 19 May , 2019
- Gymea, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/