Plasterers apply and fix plasterboard partitions, suspended ceilings, fire rating systems, acoustic tiles, and composite wall linings to buildings, and apply decorative and protective coverings of plaster, cement and similar materials to the interiors and exteriors of structures.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining plasterboard layout, and installing insulation and vapour barriers
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels, and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens
- preparing corner beads and securing them in position
- fixing pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- covering joins and nail holes with wet plaster and sealing compounds, and smoothing them using wet brushes and sand paper
- mixing and applying coats of plaster, cement and render to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness
- plumbing and straightening corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces
- creating decorative textures in finishing coats
- applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement and similar materials
- Fibrous Plasterer
- Solid Plasterer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
Other Careers In This Industry
Plumber - 1st Year Apprentice Plumber
- Reliance Plumbing Australia Pty Ltd
- We are looking for 1st, 2nd & 3rd year apprentice plumbers.
Candidate must be a hard worker and have a positive can do attitude.
Northern beaches local, drivers licence and own transport a must.
Mostly local jobs, with a good variety of work.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Job Location: Northern Beaches NSW
White card: Required
- Northern Beaches Location
- Supervised by qualified plumbers
- Great variety of work
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Thu 17 Jan , 2019
- Dee Why, New South Wales
- Northern Beaches Joinery
- As an apprentice Joiner you will be working in a small team, assisting in the manufacturing of predominantly timber doors and windows in the workshop with some site installations.
- Working on Northern Beaches
- Relaxed working hours
- Small working team
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Thu 17 Jan , 2019
- Cromer, New South Wales
- Wed 16 Jan , 2019
- Parramatta, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/