Hairdressers cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions.
Image supplied by Salon266
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- providing advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
- shampooing hair and conditioning scalps
- colouring, straightening and permanently waving hair with chemical solutions
- cutting hair with scissors, clippers and razors
- styling hair into dreadlocks and braids and adding hair extensions
- shaving and trimming beards and moustaches
- cleaning work areas and sanitising instruments
- arranging appointments and collecting payments
- may clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Cert IV in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Salon Management
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 15 Mar , 2019
- $40,001 - $50,000
- Dandenong South, Victoria
- Thu 14 Mar , 2019
- Tullamarine, Victoria
3rd/4th Year Landscape Construction Apprentice
- Shaw Landscape Group
- If you are a 3rd or 4th year landscape construction apprentice looking to take your career to the next level, then this is for you.
- Highly Regarded Landscaping Company
- Exciting Residential and Commercial Projects in the Illawarra
- Challenging and Rewarding Role in a Supportive and Flexible Environment
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Wed 13 Mar , 2019
- $50,001 - $60,000
- North Wollongong, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/