Gardeners plant, cultivate, maintain, plan and construct parks, gardens and landscapes, and inspect, diagnose and treat trees and shrubs.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing and maintaining seedbeds and growing sites
- propagating and planting trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs
- preparing lawn areas by spreading top soil and planting grass, and by laying instant turf
- maintaining planted and grassed areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing
- pruning trees and hedges, and installing plant support and protection devices
- preparing plans and drawings, selecting materials and plants, and scheduling landscape construction
- setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- constructing gravel and paved areas, walls, fences, pergolas, ponds, barbecues and garden furniture
- examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment
- lopping limbs off trees and shaping branches using chain and handsaws
- spraying and dusting plants and trees to control insects and disease, and felling diseased trees.
- Landscape Gardener
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Horticulture
- Cert III in Horticulture
Other Careers In This Industry
2ND / 3RD YEAR APPRENTICE WANTED
- SGV Electrical Pty Ltd
- Are you looking for a great opportunity to continue your career with an established Electrical services company, giving you the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the electrical and security industries?
- We will provide an environment that will allow you to excel in your Career
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Wed 13 Feb , 2019
- Bundall, Queensland
- Mon 11 Feb , 2019
- Belrose, New South Wales
Irrigation Technician Trainee
- Watermatic Irrigation
- You have a rare opportunity to join a dedicated team of people who have been with Watermatic Irrigation for a long time. We are seeking people that have a great attitude and want to work in a team.
In this role you will work with our dedicated team on installing and servicing high profile residential and commercial irrigation systems, and pumps.
- Small boutique industry where reputation is everything. Our's is something we're proud of!
- Australia is the driest continent. Why not choose a career in water and the efficient use of it?
- Fast track your career! Come work for us and be running your own jobs soon.
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Fri 8 Feb , 2019
- Hornsby, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/