Automotive Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing and replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replacing defective parts such as fuses, lamps and switches
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert IV in Automotive Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
2nd or 3rd Year Plumbing and Gas Apprentice
- Link Plumbing and Gas Service
- We are looking for an experienced 2nd or 3rd Year Plumbing and Gas Apprentice. Candidates MUST have domestic plumbing maintenance experience. Candidates must also be hard working, team orientated and have a commitment to develop skills and knowledge in this trade.
- Link Plumbing and Gas Service is a WA Owned and run plumbing and gas company that has been servicing the Perth metropolitan area for over 30 years.
- We have a team of qualified Plumbers and Gas Fitters who provide a wealth of knowledge and experience in all facets of Plumbing and Gas Fitting.
- We pride ourselves on providing excellence service, quality plumbing and gas fitting, friendly, knowledgeable and self motivated team members.
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Tue 16 Apr , 2019
- Belmont, Western Australia
Apprentice Roof Plumber
- Hartley Metal Roofing PTY LTD
- As a Roof Plumber Apprentice you will be shown how to use tools correctly and work in a team, creating the best possible outcome on the job.
TAFE is block release, drivers licence is not a must, but is great to have.
- You get to work with young energetic crew of guys with passion for metal roofing
- Local work around the Illawarra
- Working with an organised team
- Trades & ServicesRoof Tilers
- Thu 11 Apr , 2019
- Dapto, New South Wales
Apprentice Motor Mechanic
- Saap Auto
- We are looking for an Apprentice Motor Mechanic for our Prestige Service Centre that is located in Sydney's Inner West. Successful Applicants will be trained in all areas of Motor Mechanical repairs by highly trained technicians.
- Established business
- Great opportunity to learn & progress
- Team environment
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Thu 11 Apr , 2019
- Glebe, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/