Automotive Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing and replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replacing defective parts such as fuses, lamps and switches
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert IV in Automotive Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Griffith Butchery
- Training to select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply and to operate meat processing machines.
- Award Winning Butchery
- In Operation for 30 years
- Griffith - Great location
- Trades & ServicesButcher
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Griffith, Australian Capital Territory
Marine mechanic 1st Year Apprentice
- Kris Oakley Marine Servicing
- 1st Year Apprenticeship certificate 3 Marine Mechanics
Outboard motor servicing and repair.
Vessel servicing and wiring.
Trailer servicing and repair.
- If boating is one of your passions, start a career in the marine idustry
- Small buisness with great team environment.
- Working with one of the biggest outboard motor and boat brands in Austraila
- Trades & ServicesBoat Builder and Repairer
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Dandenong South, Victoria
CNC Machinist, Toolmaker
- Caman Engineering International
- At Caman Engineering International an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship as a FITTER/TURNER, CNC-MACHINIST within a very well established company has come up.
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging apprenticeship, are well presented and eager to learn, this might be your first step toward an interesting and challenging career.
- Brand new purpose built factory
- Australian owned and operated
- Located in the Sutherland Shire
- Trades & ServicesMetal Fitters and Machinists
- Mon 10 Dec , 2018
- Kurnell, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/