Truck Drivers drive heavy trucks, removal vans, tankers and tow trucks to transport bulky goods and liquids
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- manoeuvring vehicles into position for loading and unloading
- loading and unloading vehicles using lifting and tipping devices
- observing safety requirements when loading and unloading vehicles
- making regular quality checks of vehicles to ensure they can be driven safely
- estimating weights to comply with load limitations and ensuring safe distribution of weight
- ensuring goods are stowed and securely covered to prevent loss and damage
- verifying loading documents, checking condition of goods and obtaining certification of deliveries
- Truck Driver
- Aircraft Refueller
- Furniture Removalist
- Tanker Driver
- Tow Truck Driver
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Driving Operations
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/