Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of importing, exporting and wholesaling establishments.
Image sourced from Unsplash.
Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- developing and implementing business plans, and marketing, operating, human resource, pricing and credit policies and procedures
- determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- liaising with local and overseas suppliers and distributors about orders and products
- researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- monitoring business performance and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- appointing agents and distributors
- arranging the shipping of goods into and out of the country
- overseeing the display and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- implementing after-sales service procedures
- Importer or Exporter
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in International Freight Forwarding (Operator), Certificate III in International Trade
- Certificate IV in International Trade
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 7 May , 2021
- Hazelmere, Western Australia
Warehouse Production/Pick Packer
- ALFRED E. CHAVE PTY. LTD.
- We have several warehouse and manufacturing clients based in Brisbane Inner Suburbs looking for laborers and pick pack workers.
Experience is not necessary, but willingness to learn and grow attitude is crucial, we’ll provide the training. The role is essential to ensuring our customers receive the correct deliveries at the correct time and uphold our promise of delivering exactly.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsStorepersons
- Sat 1 May , 2021
- Rocklea, Queensland
- Tue 27 Apr , 2021
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au