Gallery, Museum and Tour Guides direct and guide visitors in galleries and museums, and escort visitors on sightseeing, educational and other tours.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What is the vacancy level for this occupation?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- meeting and greeting visitors
- controlling visitors' access to exhibits
- ensuring safety of collections
- maintaining attendance records
- planning and rearranging schedules and itineraries
- planning, organising and conducting tours
- arranging transportation and accommodation for visitors following planned itineraries
- arranging entry to places of interest
- answering questions, providing commentaries, issuing brochures and tour literature, showing audiovisual presentations, and explaining features and procedures at tour sites
- may assist with installing and dismantling exhibits
- Gallery or Museum Guide
- Tour Guide
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Tourism
- Certificate III in Guiding
- Certificate III in Tourism
- Certificate IV in Guiding
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 12 Aug , 2019
- Dural, New South Wales
- Wed 21 Aug , 2019
- Wangaratta South, Victoria
- Fri 16 Aug , 2019
- Mosman, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/