Australian Apprenticeships, which include apprenticeships and traineeships, can be the best way to combine training and employment leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
Australian Apprenticeships are available to anyone of working age and do not require any entry qualifications. Apprenticeships are available to school-leavers, those re-entering the workforce or those wishing to change careers.
Why should I do an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships offer a range of benefits, including:
- Involve paid work and structured training that can be on or off the job; or a combination of both
- Allow for "competency-based" training which means individuals can complete their training faster when they reach the required skills level
- Enable existing skills and prior experience to be recognised with some course credit granted, potentially reducing formal training time
- Are available as full-time or part-time, also as part-time while still attending secondary school
- Lead to nationally recognised qualifications and skills which provide the basis for further education and training over the course of a person’s working life
- Can be a great pathway from school to work to pursue your career choice