Kitchenhands assist kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food, and clean food preparation and service areas.
Image supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- cleaning kitchens, food preparation areas and sculleries
- cleaning cooking and general utensils used in kitchens and restaurants
- transferring, weighing and checking supplies and equipment
- assembling and preparing ingredients for cooking, and preparing salads, savouries and sandwiches
- packing food and beverage trays for serving
- cooking, toasting and heating simple food items.