Vocational Education Teachers teach one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at technical and further education (TAFE) institutes, polytechnics and other training institutes to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
Vocational Education Teachers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- identifying the various needs of students and creating effective learning options to meet these needs
- liaising with individuals, industry and education sectors to ensure provision of relevant programs and services
- planning, designing and developing course curriculum and method of instruction
- advising students on courses and related matters
- teaching students using teaching aids including presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshops, laboratory sessions, multimedia aids and computer tutorials
- marking and grading students' assignments, papers and exams and providing feedback to students about their progress
- maintaining records of students' progress, attendance and training activities
- consulting with Education Managers, Librarians, Student Counsellors and other support staff
- Vocational Education Teacher
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training, Diploma of Training Design and Development
- Bachelor of Adult and Vocational Education
- Bachelor of Vocational Education and Training
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/