Library Assistants issue, receive and shelve library items and maintain associated records.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- issuing library items to borrowers and recording identification data and due dates
- sorting and shelving returned items
- locating and retrieving items on request
- maintaining records and index systems
- receiving overdue items, issuing overdue notices, and receiving fines
- inspecting returned items for damage and making minor repairs
- assisting with the preparation of displays and promotional activities
- may prepare catalogued items for shelving
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Information and Cultural Services
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/