Bookkeepers maintain and evaluate records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems.
Image supplied by Northern Beaches Credit Union
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- keeping financial records, and maintaining and balancing accounts using manual and computerised systems
- monitoring cash flow and lines of credit
- preparing and producing financial statements, budget and expenditure reports and analyses using account books, ledgers and accounting software packages
- preparing invoices, purchase orders and bank deposits
- reconciling accounts against monthly bank statements
- verifying recorded transactions and reporting irregularities to management
- may be required to prepare forms reporting business tax entitlements and obligations such as the amount of goods and services tax paid and collected
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Financial Services
- Certificate III in Financial Services
- Cert IV in Bookkeeping
- Diploma of Accounting
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting *
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/