Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers
Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers perform routine tasks in crop cultivation and animal production.
|How many are employed in this occupation?||2700|
|What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?||$648|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||average|
|What is the vacancy level for this occupation?||very high|
|What are the job prospects for this occupation?||average|
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops and livestock
- operating farm machines to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest field crops
- maintaining and repairing buildings, machines, fences, plant and water systems
- loading and unloading seed grain, fertilisers and livestock feed, and loading field crops into transporters for marketing
- irrigating land for crop growth
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available.
- Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Worker