Kitchenhands assist kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food, and clean food preparation and service areas.
|How many are employed in this occupation?||109700|
|What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?||$600|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||high|
|What is the vacancy level for this occupation?||very high|
|What are the job prospects for this occupation?||average|
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- cleaning kitchens, food preparation areas and sculleries
- cleaning cooking and general utensils used in kitchens and restaurants
- transferring, weighing and checking supplies and equipment
- assembling and preparing ingredients for cooking, and preparing salads, savouries and sandwiches
- packing food and beverage trays for serving
- cooking, toasting and heating simple food items.