Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians assist in civil engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
|How many are employed in this occupation?||8900|
|What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?||$1120|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||above average|
|What is the vacancy level for this occupation?||average|
|What are the job prospects for this occupation?||average|
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys.
- Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- Civil Engineering Technician