Bookkeepers maintain and evaluate records of financial transactions in account books and computerised accounting systems.
|How many are employed in this occupation?||135300|
|What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?||$864|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||below average|
|What is the vacancy level for this occupation?||moderate|
|What are the job prospects for this occupation?||good|
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- keeping financial records, and maintaining and balancing accounts using manual and computerised systems
- monitoring cash flow and lines of credit
- preparing and producing financial statements, budget and expenditure reports and analyses using account books, ledgers and accounting software packages
- preparing invoices, purchase orders and bank deposits
- reconciling accounts against monthly bank statements
- verifying recorded transactions and reporting irregularities to management
- may be required to prepare forms reporting business tax entitlements and obligations such as the amount of goods and services tax paid and collected