Admin & Support Services
If you like to help others and work with computers, phones and other office equipment then the admin, clerical and support services field could suit you.
You’d need to be a good communicator, well organised, cooperative and flexible. You would respond to internal or external enquiries, set up schedules and office systems, book rooms, organise meetings, manage records & basic accounts and maintain databases.
Specific duties would depend on the field you are employed in – there are opportunities in medical, automotive, business, education and tourism fields, to name just a few.
Training & qualifications
Qualifications available for admin and support roles include:
- Customer service – Certificate III in Financial Services
- Local Government Environmental Administrative Officer – Certificate III in Local Government
- Receptionist – Certificate II in Business.
Advanced qualifications for supervisory or management roles are available too, such as:
- Manager, International Marketing – Diploma of International Education Services
- Office Administrator – Certificate IV in Business Management
- Contact Centre Manager – Advanced Diploma of Customer Contact