Upholsterers make, rebuild and repair upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- conferring with clients to determine materials and cost of furniture items to be made or repaired
- making and repairing wooden frames, and removing and replacing defective springs
- removing coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture
- securing material, padding, springs and webbing to articles to be upholstered
- measuring and cutting materials and covering furniture
- seaming cushions and joining sections of covering material
- attaching ornamental trims, braids and buttons
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses
- may finish wooden surfaces on furniture
- may remove stains from fabric
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Mattress Maker
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice Plumber (1st Year)
- Marsden Plumbing Pty Ltd
- Opportunity for a first year apprentice to learn the plumbing trade whilst studying at TAFE.
Supervised by a highly experienced plumber with over 20 years experience.
- Opportunity to learn the plumbing trade while attending TAFE.
- Supervised by highly experienced plumber with over 20 years experience.
- Specialists in residential, bathroom & kitchen renovations and general maintenance.
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Thu 24 May , 2018
- Castle Hill, New South Wales
1st Year Apprentice Hairdresser
- Shaydz Hair Salon
- Shaydz is looking for a 1st year apprentice hairdresser. Our Salon strives for Excellent Customer Service and quality hairdressing.
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Advanced knowledge and training provided on latest trends
- Working in a close team always providing coaching and mentoring
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Tue 22 May , 2018
- Padstow, New South Wales
- Mon 21 May , 2018
- Miranda, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/