Roof Tilers cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying drawings, specifications and work sites to determine materials required
- erecting ladders and scaffolds
- placing and securing waterproof sheets over eaves
- nailing and stapling roofing underlay to roofs
- aligning starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, securing with wire, staples and nails, and overlapping successive layers of tiles
- sizing and cutting roofing material to fit around vents, chimney edges, corners and ridges
- fixing edge and ridge tiles in cement mortar
- slipping roofing material under pre-fabricated flashing and nailing it down
- caulking and flashing exposed nail heads to prevent leaks
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Cert III in Roof Tiling
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice Timber and Floating flooring installer
- Floormania Pty Ltd
- Full time apprentice required to be trained in all aspects of flooring installation, solid timber, engineered, floating laminate and vinyl plank. You will accompany a qualified installer to job sites and be instructed in the use of equipment required for flooring installation. You also be required to attend Tafe
- excellent training by professionals
- great working environment
- young vibrant company
- Trades & ServicesFloor Finisher
- Fri 20 Apr , 2018
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Thu 19 Apr , 2018
- Eastwood, New South Wales
- Wild Life Hair
- Wild Life Hairdressing Apprenticeship - learn all aspects of hairdressing with one of Sydneys finest hairdressing companies. Apprentices attend the Wild Life training program twice a week to receive the highest levels of education and TAFE certification as well as work in the salon to gain the service and life skills needed to be the best.
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Tue 17 Apr , 2018
- Milsons Point, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/