Printers set up and operate letterpress, lithographic, flexographic, gravure, newspaper, instant, digital and offset printing presses.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- setting, adjusting and monitoring substrate-feed mechanisms, delivery mechanisms, inking systems and other printing machine functions
- mixing ink and solvents to standard, and regulating paper and ink supply during print runs
- monitoring, evaluating and determining press operations manually and by computer to check print quality standards against proofs and detect malfunctions
- producing a variety of printed products using relief, lithographic, flexographic and gravure printing presses, and in-line finishing systems
- preparing plates, blankets and impression cylinders on small offset lithographic printing presses
- loading paper into feeding mechanisms
- monitoring machine operations and quality of printing
- undertaking maintenance, adjustment, repair and cleaning of machines
- producing and managing digital print images, and transferring and outputting images
- may set up and operate paper and bookbinding guillotines.
- Printing Machinist
- Small Offset Printer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Printing and Graphic Arts
- Certificate IV in Printing and Graphic Arts
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 22 Jan , 2018
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Wed 17 Jan , 2018
- Emu Heights
Apprentice Marine Technician
- Bate Bay Outboard & Sterndrive Service
- A great opportunity to commence a career in the Marine industry. Were looking for an apprentice for our busy workshop. Offering work both within the factory and onsite, no two days are the same!
- Opportunity to learn one on one with a reputable, skilled tradesman
- Be an important part of a fast growing business
- Great opportunity for personal growth and to establish a long career in a fun industry
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Sun 14 Jan , 2018
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/