Cabinetmakers fabricate and repair wooden furniture, and fit and assemble prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
Image Supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marking out, cutting and shaping wood
- working from drawings and specifications to make furniture
- making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
- making frames for chairs and couches
- may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 22 Jan , 2018
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Wed 17 Jan , 2018
- Emu Heights
Apprentice Marine Technician
- Bate Bay Outboard & Sterndrive Service
- A great opportunity to commence a career in the Marine industry. Were looking for an apprentice for our busy workshop. Offering work both within the factory and onsite, no two days are the same!
- Opportunity to learn one on one with a reputable, skilled tradesman
- Be an important part of a fast growing business
- Great opportunity for personal growth and to establish a long career in a fun industry
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Sun 14 Jan , 2018
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/