Fitness Instructors direct, instruct and guide individuals and groups in the pursuit of physical fitness and wellbeing's.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- consulting with various Health Professionals to develop and design fitness programs
- designing individual fitness programs based on assessment of the client's age, level of fitness, goals and abilities
- delivering group exercise classes and personal tuition in a variety of fitness activities in a safe and creative manner
- demonstrating and teaching body movements and skills used in fitness routines
- setting up and monitoring fitness equipment and ensuring that equipment is safe, clean and in working condition
- teaching and advising on the use of fitness equipment
- ensuring clients are aware of and adhere to safety and injury prevention procedures
- reporting accidents and preparing accident reports
- maintaining a working knowledge of current health and safety standards and ensuring working practices and procedures conform to current legislation
- maintaining current first aid certificates.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Diploma of Fitness
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/