Insurance, Money Market and Statistical Clerks prepare and check documentation associated with insurance, maintain records of securities transactions and registrations, offer odds and accept bets, and compile data and undertake statistical and actuarial computations.
Insurance Money Market Statistical Clerks
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- obtaining information on the form of competitors by research, attending racing trials and liaising with contacts
- offering and varying odds on competitors after considering the type of event, handicaps, weather conditions and odds offered by other Bookmakers
- processing insurance applications, adjustments to insurance cover, standard endorsements and insurance claims
- monitoring balances of accounts and summarising reinsurance to determine outstanding risk
- surveying potential risk exposure
- despatching notices of premiums due and forms concerning conservation and transfer of insurance
- reviewing, checking, verifying and issuing transaction documentation for securities
- claiming accruing dividends and processing dividend payments
- compiling statistics from financial records, survey returns and other data sources, and verifying the authenticity of the material
- operating computers to input, manipulate and output information
- compiling results of calculations into tables, graphs and charts to be used in analysis
- may work in a call centre
- Insurance Consultant
- Money Market Clerk
- Statistical Clerk
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert III in General Insurance
- Cert IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/