Safety Inspectors inspect machines, equipment, working conditions and public places to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- examining equipment specifications, and inspecting and testing machines, equipment and clothing to ensure compliance with safety standards and serviceability
- inspecting factories and other work sites to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations
- observing workers to ensure protective devices are being utilised according to regulations and that combustible and other hazardous materials are used and stored in accordance with approved procedures
- conducting tests in work areas to detect toxic fumes, explosive gas-air mixtures and other work hazards
- ensuring fire prevention equipment and other safety supplies, such as first aid kits, stretchers and blankets, conform to standards
- assisting in conducting safety meetings and campaigns, and organising training in general safety principles in keeping with regulations
- advising organisations on ways to comply with occupational health and safety legislative requirements
- investigating incidents and fatalities, to determine causes and to collect evidence of non-compliance with occupational health and safety legislation
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety *
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety *
- Advanced Diploma of Public Safety, Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety *
- Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety *
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 5 Apr , 2018
- $90,001 - $100,000
- Melbourne, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/