Housekeepers perform cleaning and housekeeping duties in private residences as well as hotels, motels, caravan/holiday parks, residential land lease communities and other commercial premises, which is essential to the success of these businesses.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
- Cleaning the interior of buildings and the immediate outside areas
- Sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning curtains and upholstered furniture
- Dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Picking up rubbish, emptying garbage containers, and taking contents to waste areas for removal
- Restocking minibars and replenishing items such as drinking glasses, writing equipment, linen and groceries
- Stripping and making beds, and changing bed linen
- Maintaining kitchens, washing dishes and cooking utensils, and cleaning appliances, cupboards, counters, pantries and floors
- Ppicking up, sorting, washing, drying, ironing and mending linen
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Holiday Parks and Resorts
- Certificate III in Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 1 Feb , 2018
- The Roundabout Restaurant
- Are you passionate about delivering a great service to your customers? Are you a bit of a foodie & wine buff? Perhaps you’re interested in becoming one? We have an opportunity that is not to be missed!
- Hospitality & TourismWaiters
- Wed 14 Feb , 2018
- Wagga Wagga
- Mantra Lounge
- We are looking for a head chef, who will be involved in staffing of the kitchen, developing menu offerings, forecasting supply needs and estimating costs. You are expected to make sure the restaurant meets all regulations, including sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Wed 14 Feb , 2018
- $50,001 - $60,000
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/