Dietitians apply the science of human nutrition to help people understand the relationship between food and health and make appropriate dietary choices to attain and maintain health, and to prevent and treat illness and disease.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- planning diets and menus, and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet and on the planning and preparation of food
- supervising the preparation and serving of meals
- collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care
- calculating nutritional values of food served
- planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material
- providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, and nutrition education, research and training
- consulting with other Health Professionals and related workers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Bachelor of Human Nutrition
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 19 Apr , 2018
- Sydney , New South Wales
- Sun 15 Apr , 2018
- Taylors Lakes, Victoria
- Limp in Leap out Physiotherapy
- MASSAGE THERAPIST WANTED. If you are friendly, well-spoken, professional, motivated, reliable, flexible, punctual, well-groomed with a passion for your chosen career then this could be the role for you. You will work in a multidisciplinary team currently consisting of a physiotherapist and dietitian. We are a HICAPS facility, offering a new and clean work space, with a new treatment bed.
- Healthcare & MedicalMassage Therapists
- Thu 5 Apr , 2018
- Belfield, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/