Electrical Engineers design, develop and supervise the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, machines and systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- planning and designing power stations and power generation equipment
- determining the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and other equipment
- developing products such as electric motors, components, equipment and appliances
- interpreting specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to electric power equipment and use
- organising and managing resources used in the supply of electrical components, machines, appliances and equipment
- establishing delivery and installation schedules for machines, switchgear, cables and fittings
- supervising the operation and maintenance of power stations, transmission and distribution systems and industrial plants
- designing and installing control and signalling equipment for road, rail and air traffic
- may specialise in research in areas such as power generation and transmission systems, transformers, switchgear and electric motors, telemetry and control systems.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
- Diploma of Electrical Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical - Engineering
Other Careers In This Industry
- Looking for a maintenance electrician with experience using Siemens PLC. Great job opportunity with a global leading spirits company.
- Work with giant brands from a world leading premium drinks business
- Accelerate you're learning and performance in a progressive team environment
- 12 month full time contract with the opportunity to go permanent afterwards
- EngineeringElectrical Engineers
- Tue 15 May , 2018
- Huntingwood, New South Wales
- Thu 24 May , 2018
- Melton, Victoria
- Tue 22 May , 2018
- $40,001 - $50,000
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/