Industry OverviewDo you enjoy caring for others? Perhaps you would like to assist people experiencing a disability, or are keen to get involved in the wellness industry. If you are intrigued by these possibilities, a job in the Community Services & Development sector might be suited to you.
This industry offers a variety of services which can range from helping and caring for others to developing and maintaining community resources and programs.
Overall you need to get a great satisfaction and reward from nurturing and caring those in need. You are someone who is driven by being open and responsive to the needs and welfare of others and this is your biggest motivation in relating to people. This makes you a caring and compassionate person who always likes to make sure the needs of the people around you are met
Training & Qualifications
The types of courses and qualifications you can use to make a career in this industry begin at the Certificate II level and progress to Certificate IV and diploma level.
To gain exposure into the industry, it’s best to explore:
- Certificate II in Justice Services
- Certificate II, III and IV in Funeral Operations
- Certificate III and IV Aged Care,
- Certificate III, IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Disability
- Certificate III in Home and Community Care
- Certificate III in Community Services Work
- Certificate III and IV and Diploma in Correctional Practice
- Certificate III in Social Housing
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Family Support)
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Certificate IV in Youth Work
Head to the Career pages to find out more >