Wall and Floor Tilers lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- examining plans, measuring and marking surfaces and laying out work
- preparing wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, filling holes and cracks, and cleaning surfaces
- spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position
- using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes
- ensuring tiles are correctly aligned and spaced
- grouting tiles, and cleaning and removing excess grout
- applying waterproofing systems
- may lay floors of granolithic, terrazzo, cement or similar composition
- may lay coloured tiles in patterns to create mosaics
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice Timber and Floating flooring installer
- Floormania Pty Ltd
- Full time apprentice required to be trained in all aspects of flooring installation, solid timber, engineered, floating laminate and vinyl plank. You will accompany a qualified installer to job sites and be instructed in the use of equipment required for flooring installation. You also be required to attend Tafe
- excellent training by professionals
- great working environment
- young vibrant company
- Trades & ServicesFloor Finisher
- Fri 20 Apr , 2018
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Thu 19 Apr , 2018
- Eastwood, New South Wales
- Wild Life Hair
- Wild Life Hairdressing Apprenticeship - learn all aspects of hairdressing with one of Sydneys finest hairdressing companies. Apprentices attend the Wild Life training program twice a week to receive the highest levels of education and TAFE certification as well as work in the salon to gain the service and life skills needed to be the best.
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Tue 17 Apr , 2018
- Milsons Point, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/