Upholsterers make, rebuild and repair upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- conferring with clients to determine materials and cost of furniture items to be made or repaired
- making and repairing wooden frames, and removing and replacing defective springs
- removing coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture
- securing material, padding, springs and webbing to articles to be upholstered
- measuring and cutting materials and covering furniture
- seaming cushions and joining sections of covering material
- attaching ornamental trims, braids and buttons
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses
- may finish wooden surfaces on furniture
- may remove stains from fabric
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Mattress Maker
Other Careers In This Industry
- Wed 14 Feb , 2018
3rd Year Apprentice Plumber
- JET Plumbing PTY LTD
- Apprentice Plumber
- Excellent working conditions in a family run, friendly business environment
- Above award wages for the right candidate and overtime
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Thu 8 Feb , 2018
- Hornsby Heights
- Medina Engineering Pty. Ltd.
- We have a position available for a 1st year apprentice machinist at our busy precision engineering workshop in Chipping Norton, NSW.
- Want to be a First Class Machinist?
- Get your trade from the best & most diverse in the business
- We have an apprenticeship position available NOW!
- Trades & ServicesMetal Fitters and Machinists
- Tue 6 Feb , 2018
- Chipping Norton
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/