Metal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades fabricate mould patterns and form sand moulds and cores for the production of metal castings, heat and hammer metal into shape, and make, repair, coat and polish metal parts and articles.
Metal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- selecting metal stock for job requirements
- heating metal in forges and furnaces and hammering, punching and cutting metal using hand tools and machine presses
- tempering and hardening finished articles by quenching in oil or water baths or by cooling gradually in air
- preparing electrolytic and silver solutions for electroforming, and applying solution to the objects to be coated
- setting and adjusting controls to regulate electric current and depositing of coating on objects
- preparing horses' hooves for shoeing, nailing horseshoes to hooves, and trimming hooves
- cutting, trimming, shaping and smoothing stock to form mould patterns
- filling boxes with sand and setting patterns in place, and pouring molten metal into moulds
- applying refractory paint and positioning cores in moulds
- finishing metal and articles by polishing and buffing and applying shellac, lacquer, paint and other finishes.
- Metal Casting Trades Worker
- Metal Polisher
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
Other Careers In This Industry
- Hooked On Plumbing & Drainage
- A small, rapidly growing business looking for a reliable 3rd year plumbing apprentice who is motivated with a genuine interest in the trade. This role will expose you to residential & commercial works guided by an experienced, supportive & driven business owner.
- Small & rapidy growing business
- Above award wage
- Exposure to all types of plumbing to develop great skills & experience
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Tue 13 Mar , 2018
- Mosman, New South Wales
- Tue 6 Mar , 2018
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Sayers Electrical PTY LTD
- 1st year Apprentice Electrician.
- Sayers Electrical PTY LTD is a local, family owned organisation with a proven track record for delivering service excellence.
- The successful applicant will be trained by in-house highly qualified Electricians to the highest standards in the industry.
- Sayers Electrical PTY LTD specialises in servicing the vibrant and fast growing Solar Power sector in addition to all other aspects of the market.
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Thu 1 Mar , 2018
- Perth, Western Australia
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/