Hairdressers cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions.
Image supplied by Salon266
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- providing advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
- shampooing hair and conditioning scalps
- colouring, straightening and permanently waving hair with chemical solutions
- cutting hair with scissors, clippers and razors
- styling hair into dreadlocks and braids and adding hair extensions
- shaving and trimming beards and moustaches
- cleaning work areas and sanitising instruments
- arranging appointments and collecting payments
- may clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Cert IV in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Salon Management
Other Careers In This Industry
- Wed 14 Feb , 2018
3rd Year Apprentice Plumber
- JET Plumbing PTY LTD
- Apprentice Plumber
- Excellent working conditions in a family run, friendly business environment
- Above award wages for the right candidate and overtime
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Thu 8 Feb , 2018
- Hornsby Heights
- Medina Engineering Pty. Ltd.
- We have a position available for a 1st year apprentice machinist at our busy precision engineering workshop in Chipping Norton, NSW.
- Want to be a First Class Machinist?
- Get your trade from the best & most diverse in the business
- We have an apprenticeship position available NOW!
- Trades & ServicesMetal Fitters and Machinists
- Tue 6 Feb , 2018
- Chipping Norton
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/