Garden and Nursery Labourers perform a variety of routine tasks in propagating, cultivating and maintaining plants in gardens and horticultural nurseries.
Garden and Nursery Labourers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- loading, unloading and moving garden supplies and equipment
- preparing garden sites and plots using hand tools and machines
- assisting with planting and transplanting flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- maintaining gardens by watering, weeding and mowing lawns
- cleaning gardens and removing rubbish
- assisting with propagating, planting and potting seeds, bulbs and cuttings
- tending plants by hand watering and weeding
- adjusting mist irrigation systems, shade and ventilation
- harvesting and packaging plants for sale and transport.
- Garden Labourer
- Horticultural Nursery Assistant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Production Nursery
- Certificate III in Production Nursery
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 22 Jan , 2018
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Wed 17 Jan , 2018
- Emu Heights
Apprentice Marine Technician
- Bate Bay Outboard & Sterndrive Service
- A great opportunity to commence a career in the Marine industry. Were looking for an apprentice for our busy workshop. Offering work both within the factory and onsite, no two days are the same!
- Opportunity to learn one on one with a reputable, skilled tradesman
- Be an important part of a fast growing business
- Great opportunity for personal growth and to establish a long career in a fun industry
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Sun 14 Jan , 2018
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/